Sunday, December 8, 2013

Tri Rec Tangles



We cut. We sew. We create.

Tri Rec creation in progress

I can sew about 100 tri rec squares per day. Yeah me! This is not sewing all day straight, just in between loads of laundry, cooking, cleaning, kids, dogs, cats, kittens, horses, etc. I have a really busy household. I'm delighted when I get any time to sew. Some days it's impossible.



I am settling in to learning the tri rec technique. My squares are far from perfect. I know I will lose some triangle tips on some squares but I am fine with that. I considered taking them apart and redoing them, then decided against it. I am making a king size quilt so there is plenty of room to put the less than ideal blocks to the sides if desired.

Pink subbing for orange
I don't want to get caught up in the pursuit of perfection. It will cause me stress and possibly discourage me from quilting. I want my quilt to be beautiful and I have faith it will happen. IF I allow myself to relax and go with the flow. Smile at the mistakes and accept them for what they are - the learning curve. Rarely do we ever perfect any new skill right from the start. My goal is to grow and have fun.

How are your projects coming along?  

Black as my neutral

No comments:

Post a Comment