Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Slice! Dice! Julienne!

Slice! Dice! Julienne! Ok so I didn't really julienne any fabric ... on purpose .... you get the idea though. I was finally able to start cutting this afternoon. Oh. My. Goodness. What was I thinking?!?

I am hugely excited and blessed to be able to take part in Bonnie Hunter's Celtic Solstice Mystery quilt. After today, I doubt my sanity. I am a novice quilter. I have done small quilts using decent size pieces.

Today I went to tiny piece cutting land .... and .... I'm .... not .... done .... yet .... whimper whimper ....

I am NOT whining. My back hurts. My neck hurts. I refuse to complain. This is venting. I know I can do this. I am going to do it. I just doubt my sanity. And I hurt, LOL.

So what did I do today?


Ta da!!! That's it. A small stack of shapes. Sighsss ...

It's actually more than it looks like in the picture. My plan is to create a fabulous Bonnie Hunter style king size quilt. That is all 240 of the neutral triangles that I am doing in black. Also all 140 of the orange triangles I am doing in pinks. Confused yet? Orange equals pink. Black equals neutral. Though if you don't have Bonnie's colors stuck in your head, that is useless information. Moving on .... That is about half of the 380 PAIRS of blue side triangles. I ran out of time. And my back hurt. So I was really, REALLY happy I ran out of time, LOL.



I added a new pink to my chosen fabrics. I was sifting thru drawers looking for some scraps from a pink shirt I made for my daughter years ago and tripped over the hot pink peace sign - camo fabric. We bought 2 yards of it to make my youngest daughter a dress but the fabric never really seemed to fit the image, so it didn't get made. Now I am adding it into this quilt which will be hers one day. The colors are fabulously hers.

Tomorrow, I will do it again. Or maybe I will sew some blocks, then cut the rest of the side triangles. I could poke my eyes out. Wrench my neck violently falling down a flight of stairs. Or slam my back with a hammer. But I have an addiction. And I will wake up and choose how to satisfy my addiction. I love sewing :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment