Sunday, November 4, 2018

Oklahoma Quilt - early progress


I have a small stack of blocks assembled. I am liking the variety of color and designs, though the worry of running out of fabric is very real. The Oklahoma white is the first one going. I have a small piece left, maybe 4 x 8 inches. So like it or not I am going to dig out some batiks that will hopefully fit in. Cross your fingers for me.


In this block you can see some of the special Oklahoma symbols on the batik. In the navy fabric you can read the word Oklahoma. The golden fabric has arrows as we were Indian territory at one time.



You can see a heart in the this piece of navy. I am trying with each block to pay attention and if there is a half or whole symbol, try to orient that unit(s) all the same way. It makes the block one side up and I'm ok with that.



The teal is circles. The dark gold has feathers, though when it is cut they are less obvious. You can see part of an oil pump jack in this bit of navy.



I will include a few blocks of simple squares, no piecing, to show off the Oklahoma batiks. I really love them!


No comments:

Post a Comment