Sunday, November 25, 2018

Oklahoma! Tornado and teepee

In summer 2018, in addition to The Road to Oklahoma quilt shop hop, there is a nationwide row along quilt shop hop. It is mainly applique blocks. Not my thing. However my youngest daughter hit a few shops and brought me the patterns. They are Oklahoma themed so I decided to include them. My quilt. My design decisions.



First I made the HOME block which was part of the Road to Oklahoma hop.

Then I got really brave and took pieces from 2 different shops blocks to make this block. It needs more detail before I will call it completed. The tornado is my design. I hand drew my own pattern. I will add some lines to give you the idea of motion happening.



I have another block planned using shop block designs and my own again. It's getting exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment