Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Home is where the heart is

I'm happily plugging away again at my Oklahoma quilt. I went a week without any sewing. The withdrawal was awful, hehehe.
I pulled in a green fabric that was not part of the Oklahoma collection. It is 2 sided but not a batik. I decided to use it anyway as it reminds me of cow patty stains.

Stitching, pressing and trimming make me so happy!

Yes, I am weird, LOL. In the spring, look at a pale colored cow's rear end and you will find the stains. Dark stains, light stains, in the middle stains. It's real folks :)

The green is playing nicely.

One shop featured an applique block. I'm not overly experienced with applique, however the simple lines encouraged me to make it. I just love that they used a heart as the 'O' in HOME. Then the tiny Oklahoma state outline was the icing on the cake.

The heart was my favorite.

 And .... it gets me more experience at applique. Those deer heads on the baby quilt gave me some confidence. I did a simple machine blanket stitch around each shape.



It feels good to stretch my stitching brain by using new techniques.


Home is where the heart is!

No comments:

Post a Comment