Sunday, October 28, 2018

Road to Oklahoma quilt

Hello!

I had made a personal commitment to make a blog post once a week. I had to replace my laptop and couldn't find my way back to my blog. I feel so silly. Thankfully I found a really old email that had a link and managed to work my way back. Wahoo!!



I have started on a new quilt. My husband drove me around the state this past summer on a quilt shop hop. We had the best time hanging out together. I picked up several block patterns and plenty of fabric.

I planned ahead for this shop hop and saved money. That way when I requested the free block pattern, I could also buy a yard or two of fabric. I wanted to support the wonderful local shops that participated. And wow talk about fun! I had given myself permission to pet the fabrics and take some home!



This years theme was Road to Oklahoma. There were special batik fabrics with Oklahoma symbols. I love them! Each block finishes at 12 inches. And since each shop designs their own block, this is basically a sampler quilt.

Have you ever made a sampler quilt? I had not. I am frustrated that I don't have a long range plan for cutting or sewing. It stresses me to look at the fabric I have available and wonder if I will have enough. On the flip side, I am really enjoying the variety of blocks. If this was just a scrappy quilt it would probably be easier. However I chose the added stress by limiting myself to the Oklahoma fabrics. I'm a goofball :)


My goal is a generous lap quilt. I do not have enough patterns as there were only 23 shops in the hop and I did not make it to them all. So I have gone offroad with a few blocks. We'll see how it goes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment