Thursday, May 23, 2013

Tornado



Is it me or is life spinning too fast? I have so many good intentions to cut, sew and quilt, then kids, chaos, chores, whatever jump and demand my attention. This week Oklahoma has been crazy busy due to tornado damage on multiple days in multiple towns. This past Monday's tornado hit Moore, Oklahoma and really stopped my world for a moment. I graduated from Moore and have so many friends still living there. My friends are all alive and well but several have lost their homes. It's a relief and heartbreaking.  

The pic at the top is my childhood friend David McKenna. We met in elementary school and graduated from THE Moore High School, before they added 2 'other' Moore's. He lost his house but he has pride, spirit, faith and courage. He also has his Bullmastiff furbaby Roxy. 

Many people lost their lives, including several children at a local school. I cannot imagine the pain of their families. Please keep all the Oklahoman's caught up in this tornado chaos in your thoughts and prayers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment