Monday, February 25, 2013

Another day, more barn work

The second day of barn work brought our two younger children in to help. They are teenagers and since I homeschool them, they get lots of practical farm experience when we have a project. Today, they worked at using drills, saws, cutting lumber, all practical skills that will help them in life. I wish I had known this stuff when I was growing up. Instead I had to educate myself after I got married. 



It would have been nice to buy the pre-made horse stalls but just one stall will set you back over a thousand dollars. I spent less than that on a truck load of wood that will panel the whole barn! I'm a serious tightwad. We worked over 5 hours until we finally ran out of battery power in the drills. Not yet done but close! 






No comments:

Post a Comment