Sunday, September 30, 2018

On Ringo Lake progress

On Ringo Lake designed by Bonnie Hunter is almost finished. Almost!
Ponies keeping watch
As usual I wanted it to be bigger even though it didn't have a recipient yet. I made extra units to make extra blocks.




I pondered the layout. I pondered borders. I pondered finished size.


I pondered my endless mistakes. I did great until the calendar changed years then it was one mishap after another. I laugh about it now. At the time I usually sighed and shrugged. I am imperfect so my creations will be as well.



And .... I didn't like the look of my 'blocks'. I laid them out in several different ways trying to find a pleasing configuration. It all hurt my eyes.


Not Bonnie's pattern. My color choices!
I love the reds and blues with the grays and blacks. It was all SO LOUD though.
Bonnie's colors were soothing and went with nothing in my house.

Maybe no sashing?

I finally exhausted myself and decided since nothing seemed more pleasing to simply do Bonnie's layout and move on to sashing.
Then I sewed every block with the corners flipped wrong. Ugh! I sighed and decided God obviously had a plan because I knew I didn't.

This is the block. It's not correct - it's completed though!

I was too tired from the flu and a sinus infection from heck to make the pieced sashing. I decided to go with plain sashing. Which I then cut to the wrong width. Another sigh. More acceptance of my shortcomings.

Finished center lacking borders

The center of the top is done, stitched, pressed. It just needs the borders added.

Tiny squares everywhere

Oh the borders .... I got the crazy idea to do a confetti border. I didn't think how many tiny pieces that would be. Turns out just the confetti is pushing 2600 pieces.

Just keep stitching ... 

I stitched and stitched all those tiny squares.
I wore vibrant thread crumbs everywhere.
And I found my way past my melancholy and antipathy to love this quilt.
I'll share that story soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment