Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Catching up in life

Peach blossoms
I just realized I have not popped in here all this year! I have written dozens of posts and apparently never brought them here. I would say I failed, however 2018 has been one bit of chaos after another. I have forgiven myself for all the balls I dropped. I am sad that this is one more dropped ball.

Pear blossoms

I started the year off with an awful bout of the flu and struggled with sinus issues clear thru to May when I finally got antibiotics to clear up an ugly sinus infection. Before that was cleared my mother died. She and I had talked daily that week. I found her the day before Mother's Day. I admit I am still struggling with sadness. Too many days I stitched with tears rolling down my face. Not an inspiration.
June storm

On Ringo Lake designed by Bonnie Hunter made slow progress and it seems I have very few pictures, my blue mood putting me off my usual routine. This summer one son moved from our small town to the city and I spent almost 2 weeks painting his house. Then my other son moved to Colorado which meant a trip to find an apartment then I held down the fort while my husband and a son in law actually moved their furniture and belongings. I paused to complete a dozen other sewing projects. Does everyone get so sidetracked?
On Ringo Lake

Just last week I made a baby quilt, burp cloths and a lap quilt for the mother to be. I'll share all the pics in the next post.

It's a boy!

Now you're caught up on my little world. I'll be posting more shortly. See you soon!








No comments:

Post a Comment