Monday, December 12, 2016

Clue 3 En Provence Mystery Quilt


Are you stitching along with Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt En Provence? I enjoy the fun and friendship plus I get to learn new skills. I'm a self taught quilter so Bonnie has her work cut out for her, LOL :)
My husband wandered in and got trapped counting Clue 1 units
Last week I had chores and had to leave my ironing board draped with 4 patches waiting to be pressed open. And trimmed. I dislike trimming units down and I love trimming units down because I like knowing I have wiggle room. Plus I had some 2 1/4 neutral strips I wanted to use. Good news though - they are finished! Waste nothing!


Clue 2's Tri Rec units are about halfway done. I am making a few extra units of each clue since I will probably make this quilt a bit bigger that Bonnie planned. And just in case I goof ...

My stack looks wonky but they really are properly square.

Clue 3 is more 4 patches, this time in lavender and purple. I love the 4 patches. What I really love? The darling tiny 4 patch on the back when we spin our seams! Its so stinking cute!



Have you been stitching? Shopping for the holiday season? I'm avoiding shopping. We will see how long that lasts for me ... Have a fabulous week!

7 comments:

  1. I avoid shopping at all costs too!!! Plus it has been below zero here for the last week!!. Loving your purple 4-patches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We finally got cold and snow this past week. I may never shop again :)

      Delete
  2. You are the first person I've seen who is considering making the mystery quilt BIGGER than Bonnie's rather than smaller. Your units are looking good. I love that tiny 4-patch on the back, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Bonnie's designs. My daughter suggested I use it as a big couch quilt to snuggle under. It sure would save some time.

      Delete
  3. Lovely 4 patches. Janet in London x (Englishquilter)

    ReplyDelete