Monday, November 21, 2016

Wolf Quilt Finale




Remember the wolf quilt I started last January? It is done! I'm so happy and relieved. I had taken it in to be quilted and started a triple Irish chain quilt for my younger son while I was waiting. Well I got it into my head that I absolutely HAD to finish the new quilt before I put the label and binding on the wolf quilt. I do not know where my brain goes off track because you know I had life challenges come up while piecing the Irish chain quilt. Thankfully though I did complete it and got back to the wolf quilt. Amen!



 I trimmed off the extra batting. I often use these strips when I make burp cloths or potholders. Though I have several of this years Row by Row patterns which might work too.



I trimmed off the extra backing. I was able to cut a lot of my backing into binding strips. Bonus!




Now for the label. Which font? How big? What do I say!?!



I settled on a name for the quilt, Ripple Effect of Wolves. It pays homage to the reintroduction of grey wolves to Yellowstone Park. It had an amazing effect which you can read about here. I designed the block layout to show a natural green to blue ripple. It just fits for me.


This is laid across my king size bed.
Did I mention this quilt ended up big? It draped well over my king size bed.


Really big?
118" x 118" which is just short of 10 FEET! Eek.



I just love the running wolves :)



Edited to add a pic in the sunshine!


No comments:

Post a Comment