Thursday, November 24, 2016

Irish Chain anyone?


I have started on my first Irish Chain quilt. Have you done one? I think they look awesome and supposedly they are fairly quick and easy to assemble. Which is good because I want to give this to my youngest son as a Christmas present. This year! LOL



I chose to do a Triple Irish Chain. Because I never do anything the easy way. I'm using some Kona cottons in blues that I bought thinking I would use them in a mystery quilt along. Then I didn't participate, LOL. I feel so blessed to find myself with 3 or so yards of each blue. I was pondering what colors and patterns or fabric lines to use when I remembered these cottons tucked in a bag, in a box, under some stuff. And they will be perfect.



Who else loses fabric under 'stuff '? I know I'm not alone. Anyone? Sighsss just me.




I spent a few hours cutting strips. Can we talk about an adventure with a dull rotary blade? Not today? OK, we will move on. Anyway if my loose math was correct, I have enough strips to piece the blocks with a zillion squares. We will see.



Aren't the strip sets pretty?



No comments:

Post a Comment