Monday, December 29, 2014

Girly Burp Cloths

Just when I thought I would be done creating for the year, my daughter started a conversation about the items she wants for her baby, to be born in March. Typical me, I set aside my chores and we went to pilfer in my flannel stash.



She sorted fabric. Matched and coordinated colors. Then set aside the fabrics she preferred. As long as they were out she may as well cut them to the right size. And I may as well stitch them together.



There went my day off, LOL.

Flowers
I used some decorative stitches from my fancy shmancy Janome to run a line of stitching down the length. Easy peasy quilting.

Elephant stitches on elephant flannel
I try to coordinate my stitching to the fabric or project. It just adds to the cute factor of the project.
So I added elephant stitches to the pink elephant flannel.


I added a curly vine stitch to the swinging monkey flannel.


And a circle stitch to the polka dot flannel.

It was a lovely afternoon spent talking fabrics and babies with one of my girls. The bonus was the dozen burp cloths created.


No comments:

Post a Comment