Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Camo Diaper Cover

This granddaughter pic on the pink rosebud blanket with the most precious baby girl in a pink camo diaper cover .... I stitched that. Happily stitched it in fact.

Oh I'm shameless, here is the pic again. I have several versions if you are bored ;)

Izzabelle

I just love making wee little items. Her diaper cover was a last minute thought before she was born. I had some camo flannel left over from making her burp cloths, so of course another project was demanded.

I found the pattern on the Made blog. Dana offers the pattern for free!!

I printed it out, laid it out, cut it out. I was going for newborn and it looked big but turned out beautifully.




Her tutorial is clear and understandable. I deviated when I topstitched my seams, as I'm crazy about the idea of anything possibly chafing baby's delicate skin. I wanted my seams to be still even when she wiggled.


Topstitched seam

It went together super fast and easy - less than an hour! Add elastic and voila! Newborn diaper cover in super soft, pink camo flannel. Precious, feminine and exactly what her country girl momma craved.


What could be cuter? Maybe another Izzabelle pic? 


Ahhhh .... there's my girl. 
This grandmother gig is going to be delightful. 



No comments:

Post a Comment