I could not find elephant print fabric. I did find some insulating batting with the foil layer which is new to me. Luckily, my stash had some red and gold patterned fabric that looked appropriate. The real blessing - my Janome has an elephant stitch on it! Yes!!
I decided to quilt the layers then trim and bind the various potholders. It was easy stitching, though the dense quilting really shrank my pieces. So I made extras.
I made a red on one side, gold on the other.
I made a red gold stripe.
|Before quilting ....|
|After quilting ...|
I made a half square triangle style potholder.
And would you look at that elephant stitch!