Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Toddler dresses


We recently celebrated the 2nd birthday of my first grandbaby. Confused? LOL Though now that she is 2 years old I may have to stop calling her a baby. Naaaaaaaaaaaa! She will always be my baby.



Her latest favorite character is Sofia the First on Disney. I just happened to find some cute Sofia fabric at my local WalMart. I drew out slightly bigger bodice pieces (From her 12 month sized dress of last year) and voila' - a dress was born!



Her pet bunny Clover is on the fabric plus her bird Robin.



As long as I was stitching one dress I may as well make two - My Little Pony!!



I had some lavender lining left over from a formal so both bodices are lined.


I love all the colorful, sweet pony pairs.



These simple little dresses are quick afternoon project. I made a couple dozen for my girls as they were growing up. If the fabric was plain I would add ribbon trim, fun buttons or fancy stitching. Layer them with T's or turtlenecks and they become a year round wardrobe staple.


No comments:

Post a Comment